In response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Panama temporarily suspended visa services in our Consulate. Once the visa application process gets reestablished, the Consulate will announce it on the website.
En respuesta a importantes desafíos mundiales relacionados con la pandemia COVID-19, el Gobierno de Panamá suspendió temporalmente los servicios de visas en nuestro Consulado. Una vez que se restablezca el proceso de solicitud de Visa, el Consulado lo anunciará en el sitio web.
Indian nationals need a stamp VISA to travel to Panama
1.Please refer to the following document in order to know all the information regarding the VISA requirements for Indian citizens.
2. After verifying that you comply with all the requirements, please fill the form in this link and make an appointment in the Consulate of Mumbai
- For the appointment you must bring all the required document translated to Spanish by an Authorized Translator. Make sure to bring your appointment confirmation printed.
- If after the interview you comply with all the VISA requirements, the Migration Officer will authorize you to make the payment.
- You can make your VISA payment of $60.00 ($50.00 VISA +$10.00 Consular Charges) to CONSULATE GENERAL OF PANAMA to our Bank Account (details to be shared in person).
- Bring the bank voucher to the Migration Officer to confirm your application.
- 5. If the VISA is approved, an Officer from the Consulate will call to make an appointment to deliver the VISA. You must bring your passport in order for your VISA to be stamped.
NOTE: Applications for VISA in India are only made at the CONSULATE OF PANAMA IN MUMBAI.
The Consulate does not issue E-Visas through any webpage, travel agency, or any other location.
The VISA application process might take up to 3 months, please arrange your appointment on time before your travel.
There is a Law in effect regarding tourist visas for entering the Republic of Panama; EXECUTIVE DECREE # 521 states that:
Article 1: “Any person of nationality who requires a visa to enter the Republic of Panama, who has a valid Visa or Residence, duly issued by Canada, the United States of America, the Commonwealth of Australia, the Republic of Korea, the State of Japan, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Singapore and any of the States that make up the European Union, may enter the national territory.”
Article 2: The visa granted by the countries mentioned in the previous article must be a multiple entry visa, has been used previously in the territory of the granting State and its validity shall not be less than six (6) months at the time of entering Panamanian territory. If you meet the following requirements, you will qualify for the aforementioned decree:
• Has a valid passport with a minimum of six months validity.
• Has a multiple entry visa with six (6) months of remaining validity from ONE of the following countries: Canada, United States of America, Commonwealth of Australia, Republic of Korea, State of Japan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland North, Republic of Singapore and any of the States that make up the European Union
• You must have used this visa to enter the country. For example, if you have a visa from the United States, you must have entered the United States with that visa in order to qualify for the exemption.
• You must also show proof of economic solvency for a minimum of US $ 500.00 upon entering. NOTE: Make sure you have a minimum of three months of validity in your passport and a round-trip ticket.
For further information please access the following link which contains a copy of the law decree: