Currently, the visa services in our Panama Consular Missions in India are suspended. Once the visa application process gets reestablished, the Consulate will announce it on the website.
Actualmente, los servicios de visa en nuestras Misiones Consulares de Panamá en la India se encuentran suspendidos. Una vez que se restablezca el proceso de solicitud de visa, el Consulado lo anunciará en el sitio web.
Indian nationals require a stamp Visa to travel to Panama.
Applications for Visa in India are only made at the CONSULATE OF PANAMA IN MUMBAI.
Applicant must present the documents to the Consulate personally.
1. Completed visa application form HERE. Only for Indian Nationals and Residents.
2. Photocopy of the entire passport (All pages including cover and all blank pages) with at least 6 months validity. The main and last page of the Passport to be Notarized.
3. Valid Identity Card (Aadhar Card). To be Translated in Spanish (by an Authorised Translator). The copy of the original Identity Card and the translated copy to be Notarized.
4. Travel itinerary or electronic ticket.
5. Hotel reservation, if applicable.
6. Three (3) passport sized photos.
• Passport size (size 35 mm wide x 45 mm high)
• Must be in colour, not glossy and with a white background
• Posture and frontal view
• Neutral facial expression, no smiles or do not show teeth
• Forehead and ears must be visible.
• Hair must be brushed back and tucked behind ears (If you have bangs, they must be pinned back)
• Only a pair of small earrings is allowed in women. No earrings allowed for men
• No hair accessories or high up do or extravagant hair styles
• No sleeveless shirts, cleavage showing
• No White tops
• No facial piercing, no coloured contact lenses and no glasses (even if you wear prescription glasses)
• No hoodies
• Do not wear light-coloured clothing
• Hijab allowed as long as it shows the face and ears.
7. Proof of economic solvency with at least $500.00 which can be ONE of the following (skip this step if applicant is underage):
A. Bank draft with applicant’s name. To be Translated in Spanish (by an Authorised Translator) and Notarized.
B. Bank certification with bank statement for the last three (3) months. To be Translated in Spanish (by an Authorised Translator) and Notarized. The economic solvency needs to be converted to US dollars by a competent entity (your bank) and notarized by the competent authorities.
C. Any other document that may prove your income and that is acceptable by Panama National Immigration Service.
• Employment letter with latest payment slip showing company header and chop. To be Translated in Spanish (by an Authorised Translator) and Notarized.
• If you are retired: Document that shows the pension or retirement proof of payment. To be Translated in Spanish (by an Authorised Translator) and Notarized.
• If you are economically dependent: letter of responsibility, certificate verifying kinship and economic solvency of the sponsorship. To be Translated in Spanish (by an Authorised Translator) and Notarized
8. Invitation letter, if applicable.
A. If you have a personal invitation letter from Panama, kindly also submit the following documents:
i. The Invitee Panamanian’s identity card. Notarized by a Panamanian Notary Office
ii. The Invitee´s Passport Copy – Main Page. Notarized by a Panamanian Notary Office
iii. Address Proof by presenting latest utilities bill (electricity bill / water bill / telephone landline bill) from Panama stating the address of the responsible person.
iv. Proof of economic solvency that can be one of the following:
1. Bank certification.
2. Income statement showing good standing.
3. Work letter with the last filed Social Security Fund in the case of Natural Persons.
B. If you have an invitation letter issued by a private company in Panama, please also submit the following documents:
i. Certification of the Public Registry. Certificación del Registro Público. Notarized by a Panamanian Notary Office
ii. Copy of the Notice of Operations. Copia del Aviso de Operaciones. Notarized by a Panamanian Notary Office
iii. Copy of the operating code of the Colon Free Zone (if applicable). Copia de la clave de operación de la Zona Libre de Colon (si procede). Notarized by a Panamanian Notary Office
iv. Copy of receipt of payment for the provision of public services where the location of the company responsible is recorded. Copia de recibo de pago por la prestación de servicios públicos donde conste la ubicación de la empresa responsable. Notarized by a Panamanian Notary Office
v. Bank certification / income statement showing good standing / work letter with the last filed Social Security Fund in the case of natural persons. Certificación bancario / declaración de renta con su paz y salvo / carta de trabajo con última ficha de la Caja de Seguro Social en el caso de personas naturales.
The Visa fee is of $60.00 ($50.00 Visa +$10.00 Consular Charges) payable to the Consulate General of Panama bank account via bank wire on the day of the appointment (details to be shared in person).
• Please bring the Original of all the documents and a set of A4 sized photocopy.
• The passport must have one entire blank page to issue the visa.
• Except for the passport, ALL documents mentioned above need to be translated into Spanish and Notarized, including the Identity Card, bank statement, company letter by a certified institute/person. Translations done through online platforms (Google Translate, etc.) will not be accepted.
• Economic solvency needs to be converted to US dollars by a competent entity (your bank) and notarized by the competent authorities.
• The Consulate General of Panama in Mumbai only accepts visa applications directly from the applicants. Not any third parties.
• If the Visa is approved, an Officer from the Consulate will call to make an appointment to deliver the VISA. You must bring your passport in order for your VISA to be stamped.
• The Consulate does not issue E-Visas through any webpage, travel agency, or any other location.
The Visa application process might take up to 3 months, please arrange your appointment on time before your travel.