Frequently asked questions
1. What do I need to travel to Panama?
You need to have your passport with at least six (06) months of validity. In addition, you will need to prove your entry permit to the country, which are the current stamped visa, or hold a visa or residence duly issued by Australia, Canada, Republic of Korea, United States, Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Japan, Singapore or any of the States that make up the European Union provided that it has been used in the territory of the State that granted it and its validity is not less than 6 months at the time of entry into Panama.
2. Where and how do I apply for a visa?
You must request an appointment, such request is made ONLY through the website of the Panama National Migration Service www.migracion.gob.pa through the Online Migration section, sub section applications, visa menu.
3. If I am transiting through Panama, do I need to have a visa?
A maximum stay of 12 hours of transit is allowed at Panama International Airport without the need for a visa or entry permit, otherwise (if your transit is greater than 12 hours) you will be asked to prove your entry permit to the country. For more information, see the answer «What do I need to enter Panama? »
4. I have scheduled an appointment, congress, interview, event, or meeting, do I require a visa to enter Panama?
Yes. See the answer to the question “What do I need to travel to Panama?” for more information.
5. I have an emergency in Panama, can the Panamanian Consulate in Mumbai or the Embassy of Panama in New Delhi grant me a special entry visa to the country?
No. Neither the Embassy nor the Consular Section has the power or freedom to issue extraordinary appointments for tourist visas, special permits to enter the country, nor stamping of visas that have not been previously analyzed and authorized by the National Migration Service of Panama. Any particular or special case must be referred and filed with the National Migration Service of Panama.
6. Can family appointments be made to apply for a visa?
Appointments must be made separately. Note: The interviews will be held at the same date.
7. What is the procedure to extend my Visa?
The visa is not extended and it is not renewed. You will need to apply for a new visa.
8. Does Panama have an E-Visa?
Panama DOES NOT issue E-Visas.
9. Does the Consulate accept visa applications from Travel Agencies?
The Consulate General of Panama in Mumbai only accepts visa applications directly from the applicants.